MP Lighting (MP Design Inc.)
Position Title: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Job Type: FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
Established in 1994, MP Lighting is a Vancouver-based lighting manufacturer. MP Lighting specializes in manufacturing specification-grade architectural LED fixtures, as well as Low Voltage, Line Voltage, and Multi-Circuit Track Systems. Products are suited for commercial, institutional, industrial, hospitality, and residential applications. All products are designed, tested, and assembled on-site to ensure quality and performance.
Visit our website http://www.mplighting.com
- Producing creative and original marketing materials for both print and digital purposes
- Designing and creating contents for technical lighting literature: specification sheets, installation sheets, wiring diagrams, photometric data, light output data, light distribution data…etc.
- Proof-reading and editing technical information
- Researching current design trends to come up with directions for marketing materials while maintaining consistent brand identity
- Creating design and content for monthly social media postings
- Maintaining a library of graphics, media, and other documents
- Communicating with a programmer to update and maintain current MP Lighting website
- Co-ordinating with a developer to design and build the NEW responsible MP Lighting website
- Collaborating with 3D artists to produce graphic materials
- Co-ordinating with vendors for print projects: catalogues, brochures, product cards … etc.
- Co-ordinating all aspects of print production in order to maintain high quality and accuracy level
- Working with manufacturing/production team on luminaire assembly in order to understand fixture details
- Producing high quality photography of MP Lighting products, sample cases, work environments, events …etc.
- Preparing literature packages for multiple tradeshows: technical lighting literature, brochures, samples, tradeshow booth installation guidelines…etc.
- Preparing and shipping out marketing materials for clients
- Printing and creating mock-ups for urgent print projects
- Diploma or degree in Graphic Design
- 2+ years of experience in Graphic Design
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other design software applications
- Print production knowledge is a must
- Excellent understanding of lighting photometric data
- Excellent understanding of technical drawings and hatch patterns & ability to produce and edit them upon requests
- Ability to create electrical wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of technical lighting information such as color temperature, light distribution, isofoot candel …etc.
- Experience with web design and UX/UI design & basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with Magento is an asset
- Ability to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day
- Strong communication skills and ability to build strong relationship with various departments
- Ability to use DSLR camera and excellent photo retouching skills
- Appreciation for the industry and willingness to learn and grow with the team
Thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- graphic design: 2 years (Required)
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
MP Lighting (MP Design Inc.)
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Nov 08, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|