Education is a right, not a privilege. Our mission at ApplyBoard is to make quality education accessible to students around the world.
Through our AI-powered platform, students from across the globe have access to the best institutions in Canada and the USA; allowing them to easily pursue their educational dreams. Our experts help streamline the application process from submission to enrollment and take care of all the details in between.
ApplyBoard now has the largest user-base in the study abroad industry globally. We are backed by some of the most prestigious global venture capitalists in Silicon Valley as well as Toronto and are one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Waterloo region. Most recently we successfully raised $17 million in our Series A round! (https://www.applyboard.com/ca/2018/07/04/applyboard-announces-funding/)
We are a start-up built on diversity. Our team comprises of over 50% women, 10 nationalities and over 12 languages spoken!
Over the last 3 years, we have grown to 70 employees internationally, with team members in Canada, Vietnam, China, India, and Nepal.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Graphic Designer to join our fast-growing Marketing team and take our company and platform to the next level! We are a diverse and fun-loving team that works hard but also takes the time to celebrate each other.
In this role:
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, website, social media and other media, including infographics, brochures, icons, and more
- Work simultaneously on projects based on company workload
- Plan concepts by studying relevant information and materials
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements where and when necessary
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval
- Assist in determining the message the design should portray
- Assist in post-production video editing for social channels including YouTube, Instagram and Facebook (graphics, camera footage, special effects, sound effects, etc.)
- 2-3 years’ experience in Graphic Design
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or relevant field
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience with video editing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of animation
- Experience working with WordPress templates
- Strong eye for visual composition
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Highly competitive compensation package with great benefits, vacation and more to keep you healthy and happy
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Kitchener, ON, CA
|Posted:||Dec 06, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)