Postmedia Network Inc
Postmedia is searching for a video producer to create and drive compelling video content for the Financial Post’s digital channels. You’ll be responsible for chasing and producing interviews with industry leaders, CEOs and subject matter experts using the most popular digital formats, including social videos and short documentaries.
You’ll work with our video host and the depth of our newsroom talent to identify and develop news stories, explainers and features that are informative and visually rich. You must have a good grasp on current geo-political and economic events with an ability to translate complex subject matters into simple terms. In addition, you’ll be responsible for producing and directing livestream shows and segments.
You are curious, detailed, and unafraid to experiment and be unconventional in your approach when required. You’ll be a key player in helping to define the editorial vision for video at the Financial Post and will work with the national team to strategize on content calendars and roadmaps.
Who you are:
- Able to set up and operate cameras, sound, and lighting for studio and field shoots with your eyes closed.
- Able to skillfully edit videos from start to finish including soundtracking and incorporating graphics and animation.
- A masterful storyteller, creating engaging and compelling video content for use in multiple formats with a mobile-mindset at the forefront.
- Have a proven track record of producing and editing video content for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Experienced with live streaming production, such as Facebook Live, YouTube and Periscope.
- A communicator with exceptional professionalism and clarity.
- Excellent writer, copy editor and interviewer.
- Degree in video production, broadcasting, journalism or similar.
- 3+ years of hands-on video production and post-production.
- Experienced in camera setups and operation.
- Advanced video editing and graphic design skills; proficiency with Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and similar.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor, and as part of a team.
- Business education or experience is an asset.
Applications Should Include:
- A cover letter explaining why you would be excited to produce content for new formats, and what unique qualities you bring to the table.
- An up-to-date resume.
- A list of URLs to a set of projects (or visuals and descriptions when URLs are not applicable), with your role on the project clearly stated.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter by February 15, 2019.
No phone calls or agencies please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Camera Set Up and Operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Production: 3 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
Postmedia Network Inc
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 04, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)