The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Graphic Design Coordinator
Do you want to work alongside a talented creative team to design a wide array of punchy, impactful, inspiring marketing materials — and do it all for a great cause?
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all
levels to support our vision for better patient care. From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges.
The Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable support for the highest quality health care and world-class research at The Ottawa Hospital.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest, and most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
The Foundation is in the early stages of a transformative Capital Campaign that will be unprecedented in our city and we are currently recruiting the best candidates to our team to play critical roles in our success.
“I am proud to be leading The Ottawa Hospital Foundation as the health care landscape of our city is transformed with the redevelopment of the Carling Avenue Campus. We want the best staff to join our exceptional team as we prepare for this generational opportunity.”
Tim Kluke, President and CEO, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Graphic Design coordinator will report to the Creative Manager, work with our Lead Graphic Designer and the wider marketing team to produce marketing materials that are on-brand, on-message, modern in their look-and-feel, and visually engaging and inspiring for use in a wide array of applications in both print and digital formats.
“We’re embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime journey, for health care, and for our city. We’re looking for someone who wants to build a career around this opportunity. To help us create a strong brand by producing marketing materials that will inspire an entire city to join us on this transformative journey.”
Jacob Fergus, Creative Manager
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Follow brand guidelines and standards
- Implement graphics and layouts for digital and print needs, based on direction from Creative Manager
- Use the Adobe Suite of products for design and layout, and edit photos as needed
- Follow design trends and best practices in the production of print and digital materials
- Produce materials that are visually and aesthetically consistent with materials produced by the Lead Graphic Designer
- Develop and/or maintain a photo, video, graphic and written content archive
- Use and understand creative briefs to guide the production of materials
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Lead Graphic Designer and Creative Manager and provide input on design and layout.
* Ability to shoot and produce/edit photos and video will be considered a strong asset.
- 2-4 years recent experience in graphic design and layout
- A diploma or degree relating to the requirements of the job will be considered an asset
- Portfolio or tear-sheets required
*If selected for in-person interviews, a portion of the interview will consist of a layout/design test to assess knowledge, skill, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: graphic design, layout, photo/video editing software
- Ability to develop print and digital marketing products both from scratch and edit existing templates
- Ability to follow direction and design trends
- Ability to work in a team and deal with competing priorities
- Knowledge of photography and videography considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of video editing considered a strong asset
- Any industry credentials, associations, or awards will be considered and asset
The true benefit of working with The Ottawa Hospital Foundation comes from the ability to work on a team that is making a difference in our community. Everything we do has a direct impact on improving the lives of people in the Ottawa region every day. In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation also offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities for all members of our team.
We believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who have a passion for our community’s health care system and want to make a difference in your community. If you are looking for a truly unique career opportunity and a chance to work for an established, successful organization, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is the ideal place for you.
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by Friday, June 21, 2019. Your application should be saved in the following format Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation values diversity and embraces an organizational culture that is inclusive and free of bias and discrimination. The Foundation is committed to a board and staff that is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals with a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills and backgrounds.
The Foundation would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
JOB CONTACT INFORMATION:
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor Box 610
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014
Job Type: Full-time
- marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Ottawa, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jun 12, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)