Described Video Writers
Work from home on project-based freelance workflow. We are looking for individuals who can commit to a minimum of 20 hours of work per week with availability to take on regular schedules working to broadcast deadlines.
Quay Media Services – a division of Corus Entertainment -- is a leading provider of Described Video (DV) for the Canadian film and television market. Our commitment to a high-quality standard is at the heart of what we do. Making media fully accessible for blind and visually impaired audiences and providing an enriched and enjoyable viewing experience for all ages, is our central purpose.
We are currently seeking freelance writers to produce DV scripts, which are narration tracks for the blind and visually impaired. You will be painting pictures, creatively and objectively, through your words in place of images, conveying actions, setting and facial expressions that a sighted viewer would see on screen. If you are a stickler for grammar and / or are a writer, marketer, journalist, English teacher or teacher from the Arts… we would love to hear from you.
If you have a strong communication and writing skill set, please apply. We will train you on best practice guidelines for description, style, and formatting. It’s in our best interest to set you up for success and support you in this role. If you want meaningful and fulfilling work, this is the role for you.
- Write post production described video scripts for a variety of media projects including movies, documentaries, sitcoms, dramas, reality TV, children’s programming and webisodes.
- Ensure that your scripts provide accurate, factual, rich and creative narrative that paint a strong visual picture for target audiences.
- Follow best practice guidelines to meet and retain high quality standards with regards description, style, formatting and production process.
- Listen to your writing once voiced and improve your descriptions if required to ensure the best possible experience for our customers.
- Ability to meet tight broadcast deadlines.
- Strong writing and proofreading capabilities. Attention to detail, consistency, and efficiency are key requirements for this role. Training on DV best practices will be provided.
- DV writing experience is a bonus!
- A keen eye and ability to recognize the key elements within a show or movie that are important to convey to blind and visually impaired audiences.
- An ability to self-assess how your own writing sounds once voiced and make choices to improve your sentence structure or timing for the betterment of the DV file.
- Commitment to quality, trustworthy and reliable.
Quay Media Services (QMS) -- a division of Corus Entertainment -- is a leading provider of Described Video (DV) for the Canadian film and television market. We not only create accessibility files for Corus Entertainment, but also for external customers.
25 Dockside Drive, Corus Entertainment
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Described Video, DV, Writer|
|Posted:||Jun 13, 2019|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|