Senior Manager CBC New Brunswick - FRE00090
Senior Manager, CBC New Brunswick - FRE00090
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Fredericton
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We are hiring a Senior Manager for CBC New Brunswick.
Based in Fredericton, you will be a leader with vision and compassion, who can bring out the best in a team and can collaborate strategically with other departments across the CBC. We need you to be driven to excellence, creating engaging, relevant content and a great place to work.
This role is integral to changing how people connect to CBC at the local level and will deliver on its purpose through a focus on three strategic priorities:
- Content: You will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, and immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout New Brunswick and the rest of the province. Because you are fearless, you won’t shape the editorial agenda, you will set it with original and enterprise storytelling. Not only what we cover, but how we cover it and how it rolls out on all platforms.
- Community: You lead the local news, programming and digital teams in New Brunswick and makes a significant contribution to the CBC’s network news content. You will set a new benchmark in editorial leadership around community stories.
- Culture: You will lead a team of diverse, talented and passionate people. You will develop your colleagues’ talent through coaching and supporting them, and inspiring everyone to our common vision. You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
You will work with other leaders across the Atlantic Region – and the rest of the country – to further the vision, mandate and strategy of Local Services and the goals of the CBC.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Advanced knowledge in journalism and program production.
- Advanced leadership skills to inspire and direct creative, self-motivated news and programming colleagues and teams. A proven record in developing people, providing developmental feedback that builds understanding, skills and resiliency.
- Knowledge of effective management and change-management techniques and strong financial skills are vital.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal skills as well as cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Thorough understanding of financial, human resource policies and collective agreements is important.
- Knowledge of the law as it relates to broadcasting and journalism is important.
- An agile, creative mind to develop and evaluate programs and to develop ideas for programs on a daily basis.
- The ability to make decisions rapidly and frequently under pressure.
- A strong understanding of the communities that live in New Brunswick.
- University degree.
- Ten years related experience within the broadcast industry.
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5d079bbbf9e0863be1cfb530/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Fredericton, NB, CA
|Posted:||Jun 17, 2019|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)