West End BIZ
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING COORDINATOR
More info available here: https://westendbiz.ca/hiring
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for planning, writing and producing promotional and marketing material, advertising, media releases, newsletter articles and other communications and marketing material and projects. The coordinator is also responsible for overseeing the mural and restaurant tours and small to medium size events.
The successful candidate for this position is creative and enthusiastic, with the ability to take the lead or work as a team, as the situation requires. The candidate must also be well organized, have superior attention to detail, be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking, punctual and an effective problem-solver. The candidate must have solid public relations skills and present a professional yet friendly demeanour. Above all, the successful candidate must be a clear, articulate communicator in various media.
- Creative communications certificate or degree. Equivalent education or work experience, or a combination of both may be considered.
- Proficiency in writing, copy-editing and proofreading. Experience writing media releases, website content and professional social media posts is particularly valuable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Indesign and Photoshop.
- Experience with website content management systems (wordpress) is an asset.
- Experience with graphic design is an asset.
- Experience in event planning is an asset.
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Works in close contact and in partnership with other BIZ staff.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Produce written material for communication with the public, media and BIZ members including media releases, advertising copy.
- Organize and manage advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Manage the West End BIZ’s social media platforms.
- Oversee the West End BIZ mural and restaurant tours programs
- Ensure website content is up-to-date and oversee website development and updating.
- Oversee small and medium-scale event planning.
- Promote the BIZ and our programs and projects, our businesses and the area.
- Various shared office responsibilities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
HOURS OF WORK / SALARY / OTHER
35 Hours per week. Salary 33,000 to 35,000 annual depending on experience. RRSP and benefit plan. Great work environment. Typical office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 4:30PM. Hours may vary occasionally due to specific promotional opportunities or events.
Please submit cover letter and resume to the West End BIZ by e-mail, or fax (204-772-8604) or in person at 581 Portage Avenue, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- English (Required)
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
West End BIZ
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Jul 04, 2019|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|