Audience Development Specialist (Social Media)
Position Title: Audience Development Specialist
(One permanent & one 12-month contract)
Division: Programming & Content
Reports To: Manager, Audience Development
Salary: $60,314.80 - $70,707.00
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
TVO is at a unique intersection of education, journalism, digital technology, broadcast, and philanthropy. As creators of award-winning content, we’ve been inspiring learning that changes lives and enriches communities since 1970. Our vision is to be a globally recognized digital learning organization.
What’s in it for you:
When it comes to learning, we walk the talk: it’s the cornerstone of everything we do, and each one of us invests deeply in our own learning while elevating each other’s knowledge – whether through peer-to-peer learning, workshops or lunch & learns. You’ll work with folks who are thrilled and driven by the digital learning and media landscapes. Roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally with great teams where collaboration is the beating heart of all that we do. We’re a tight-knit community and we’re just the right size, meaning that you’ll get to meet and work with people from across our organization, at all levels – the ones who have been here for 10 months, 10 years, and well beyond. Maybe you’ll even get to meet Polkaroo.
Who we are:
TVO is poised for its next chapter as we embark on the next phase of strategic planning. We know we are a better organization when we honour our commitments, when we thrive with diverse voices, when we value bold thinking, and embrace change. We understand and celebrate that we are better, together.
However you jump in with us, you’ll join a team of good people who are constantly inspired and challenged to do great work. Join us on our journey as we go from great to greater.
TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario, and is a registered charity supported by thousands of sponsors and donors. Find and follow us on: YouTube (@TVO), Twitter (@TVO), Facebook (@TVO), and Instagram (@WeAreTVO).
Are you passionate about using social media to drive growth? Do you understand how paid and organic social media work together to build audience, acquisition and engagement? Is it second nature for you to use analytics and insights to drive meaningful audience and user growth through social channels? Do you enjoy finding new ways to grow – both tried-and-true and innovative? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment? If so, we’d love to have a conversation.
Joining a dynamic Audience Development team which drives audience and user growth for TVO’s full breadth of digital learning, current affairs and documentary offerings, and reporting to the Manager of Audience Development, this person will be responsible for a portfolio of social media channels, involved in planning as well as day-to-day technical and executional implementation and reporting.
How you will make an impact:
- Contribute to the achievement of organizational performance goals and audience growth by designing and executing creative social media solutions to attract, engage and retain more visitors, users, and donors to TVO and the TVO portfolio of products.
- Develop, plan, manage and evolve a select portfolio of TVO social media channels, including ongoing monitoring, response, posting, and paid campaigns. Channels may include a mix of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and others.
- Set up and use data to spot opportunities and optimize results, including ongoing tracking of social media progress in weekly reports linked to audience growth.
- Collaborate with content, data, and product stakeholders; and design teams; to prepare and optimize posts and campaigns which drive user growth and engagement.
- Author/Create posts with the objective of building audience and increasing conversion, while establishing a consistent voice and tone for channels.
- Work alone (and sometimes with a media agency) to plan, execute, optimize and report on campaigns.
- Act as subject matter expert on the topic of social media, social media channels, and best practices.
- Identify emerging social media trends and platforms.
- Coordinate budgets and process invoices related to audience growth and acquisition.
What you will bring to TVO:
- 3+ years’ experience in social media management, including a track record in delivering audience growth in multiple channels;
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms and the different strategies they require. Experience with YouTube, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and/or LinkedIn preferred.
- Proven experience in planning, setting up, optimizing, and reporting on paid social campaigns, including paid audience targeting and conversion tracking.
- Experienced and comfortable using a range of social media & social media analytics tools like Meltwater, Hootsuite, Buffer or similar.
- Strong experience working in cross-functional teams and designing and managing projects to completion
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent relevant experience
- A proven and effective community manager
- A data-driven approach with a willingness to experiment and adapt to fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated desire for action with a positive energy and can-do attitude
- Proven ability to build relationships to achieve results
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation; Ownership; Collaboration; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Trust and Respect
We invite you to submit your application by Monday, October 25, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Think you don’t have everything we’re asking for, but know you can make a big impact? Tell us your story and we will be happy to consider you.
To learn more about us and our culture, please visit us at https://www.tvo.org/about/work-at-tvo.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We believe that the diversity of our team strengthens our ability to develop creative solutions and products that are reflective of the communities in which we serve across Ontario. At TVO, we recognize the importance of?using anti-oppression practices, both within our organization and in our content.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process (e.g., including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms). If you are seeking accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so that appropriate arrangements can be made by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
???????2180 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Social Media, Online, Marketing|
|Posted:||Oct 12, 2021|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)